Join us for a Christmas Calligraphy workshop led by Michelle Khaw.
Sunday 14 November
10.30am – 1pm
Workshop Fee: £60 per person including a personalised Calligraphy Kit & light refreshments
There are limited spaces available. To book your place, please click on this link
Venue: OPEN Ealing Arts Centre Unit 14 School Lane Dickens Yard W5 2TD
How often do you look at the writing when you receive an invitation, card or gift? Do you notice when someone has taken the time to write something special in beautiful handwriting? Have you wondered how to master the skill of calligraphy?
Now is the time for you to learn; just in time for the festive season. Join this one off Christmas Calligraphy workshop.
Learn the art of beautiful writing from Michelle Khaw, the founder of Willow Rose, a Calligraphy & Illustration Studio based in Ealing, London.
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners and everyone receives a calligraphy kit to take home.
What you get when you come to the session
- Your own personalised Calligraphy Kit to take home and practise to your heart’s content – just in time for all the Christmas writing!
- 2.5 hours of modern calligraphy instruction with plenty of 1:1 help
- An introduction to modern calligraphy and how to use a pointed pen with ink
- Calligraphy drills and learning to write the entire alphabet (majuscules + miniscules) using a pointed pen
- Joining letters to form words and phrases
- How to develop your own unique style
- Light refreshments and cake
Once we have covered the basics, you will learn to calligraph with metallic shimmery ink. We use Finetec ink which is the best ink on the market and its shimmer is perfect for Christmas.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to create beautiful stationery including cards, gift tags and place cards.
Please book early to avoid disappointment.
If you have never been to OPEN before, when you get to Dickens Yard, we are the same end as the Church, Gail’s Bakery and Brew Dog. School Lane is the “walk way” to the left of Bar #17 which looks like it is going to flats. We are along there on the left. If you reach Gym Box – you’ve just missed us!