Join a modern calligraphy course and extend your knowledge of calligraphy styles and techniques.
1 – 3pm
£60 including all materials
You’ll be able to develop your calligraphy further in this 2-hour workshop. This is the perfect workshop if you need a refresher, or eager to learn more than just the basics. Michelle Khaw, the founder of Willow Rose leads the workshop.
During the session you will receive
- Two hours of modern calligraphy instruction with plenty of one – to – one help
- An introduction to the oblique pointed pen and learn how to write at an angle
- Help to develop your own calligraphy style and how to form your own set of alphabets
- Plenty of tips and tricks on creating consistency and making all of your letter forms look like they belong together
- Instruction in bounce lettering; how to vary transitions between alphabets and how they impact the feel of your calligraphy
- A unique Moblique penholder (choose between English Rose or Moonlight Shadow)
- One Nikko G nib
- A jar of Sumi ink
- All the worksheets, guidelines, sheets and paper you will need for the workshop
By the end of the workshop you will be able to write out a poem of your choice in calligraphy
This workshop is suitable for those who have some basic knowledge of how to write using a straight pointed pen or for those who have attended a modern calligraphy course by Michelle previously.
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment. Click on this link to book a place.
Hope to see you there!