Join Komal Madar in a special one day workshop on Madhubani Art: Tree of Life. This unique workshop will give you a mindful experience whilst you create your own personalised Tree Of Life painting. You don’t need previous experience to join; just an interest in working with geometric patterns and unleashing your creativity.
Sunday 15 January
12pm – 6pm
£100 per person including all materials
Book your place now by clicking on this link
The Tree of Life is an ancient mystical symbol which appear in many cultures from the Mayans to the Celts, Buddhism to Nordic mythology. In Madhubani art the bountiful tree is the focal point of the composition. It is usually surrounded by several birds and animals that reap the benefits.
During the workshop Komal will take you step by step in the art of Madhubani Painting. She will show you how to create complex border designs using a bespoke pattern-training sheet, and how to draw the repeat patterns traditionally used in Indian folk art. You will also be working with carefully selected resources for inspiration.
Komal will help guide you to find your flow through the process of painting whilst entering a relaxed state, and your journey through this beautiful art form from a sacred land.
At the end of the workshop you take home your own beautiful masterpiece.
This one day workshop is ideal for those who are looking to
- Learn from a professional working artist
- Take part in a hands on practical lesson
- Learn traditional and contemporary art techniques
- Push their creativity and experience something new
- Create art mindfully and increase a feeling of wellbeing
This Madhubani Art: Tree of Life workshop is aimed at people aged 16 or older. You don’t have to have any experience in this art form to enjoy the class.
Things to remember
- The venue is a 6 minute walk from Ealing Broadway station (Central, District and Elizabeth Lines)
- There is free parking in the Council car park on Sundays. You can access it via Longfield Avenue. If you want to park closer to OPEN, you can park in Spring bridge car park which costs £1 all day.
- Komal provides tea, coffee and light snacks throughout the session.