12 – 26 August
9.30am – 12.30pm
£60 Adults (£45 Concessions)
Limited to 10 people
Learn how to create art with pen and ink with professional artist and experienced tutor, Andrea Tierney.
During this three week course you will covering everything from mark making to applying washes.
- Session 1: Mark making with nib pen and ink, diluting ink, using brush and ink. Still life with fruit or flowers. Please bring items of your choice to use.
- Session 2: Layering ink. Creating textures with nib pen. Landscape studies. Please bring a photograph or image with you (or on your iPad).
- Session 3: Sketching faces with nib pen. Applying ink wash. Please bring a photograph or image with you (or on your iPad).
Suitable for beginners and improvers.
Materials Needed – you will need to provide your own materials for this course.
- Bottle of black permanent (waterproof) ink
- Watercolour brushes sizes 4/6/8
- Nib for drawing (not calligraphy) and nib-holder
- Cartridge paper smooth, A4 or A3
- HB Pencil, rubber, sharpener
- Apron or old shirt
About the Tutor
Andrea Tierney is a practising artist with a training in Fine Art, Digital media and Textile Design. She has exhibited widely in the UK and abroad and worked in artist residencies in Italy, the Czech Republic and Austria.
For 15 years she worked as art teacher in High Schools and as visiting artist in Primary and High Schools as well as taught Life Drawing and Drawing and Painting in Adult Education.