Spaces available for hire
We take bookings to hire our spaces for classes, events and more and charge per hour of use. The prices listed below are correct from 1 January 2022.
Rooms are available to rent seven days (7 days) a week.
If you want to hire the space, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements, before you book. We shall respond to your request within 48 hours.
Rental times are as follows, unless otherwise agreed with OPEN
- Monday – Thursday: 9am – 10pm
- Friday – Saturday: 9am – 11pm
- Sunday: 10am – 8pm
Anyone hiring the rooms must ensure that they and their guests leave the building quietly and be respectful of the
residents living nearby.
£10 per hour
In the interest of fire protection, personal safety and current Covid-19 guidelines we have set the maximum numbers of people in each room as follows:
- The Hall – 75 people
- The Studio – 30 people
- The Makers’ Station – 10 people
- The Meeting Room – 4 people
- We raise all invoices in arrears.
- At the time of booking, please advise the name, address and contact details that we should include on the invoice.
- You must settle your invoice in full within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- We prefer that you make payment via bank transfer. However, we shall accept debit/card card, cheques (made payable to OPEN Ealing) and cash if necessary.
We appreciate that hirers need to cancel their booking on occasion and request early notification where possible. However please note that we shall invoice the hirer in full if
- They cancel the hire within 48 hours of the booking
- They do not advise OPEN of the cancellation and fail to show up
Unfortunately we do not have space to offer storage facilities to anyone who hires space.
Insurance & Licenses
If you hire space you must have appropriate relevant insurance and any relevant licenses (including music licenses) that you need for the agreed purpose of rental. You should have your insurance and licenses in place at the time of the hire and indemnify OPEN against all claims made and/or damage done on or to the premises. Please present a copy of your certificate of insurance to OPEN before the start of the hire period.
The hirer will be responsible for making good all damage done to the premises during the hire. This includes the structure, the decoration, the fixtures and fittings, the furnishings and all other contents. We accept fair wear and tear. The hirer should not drag furniture across any of the floors and nothing should be fixed to any surface of the centre, we hate “blu tac”! It is the responsibility of the hirer to
- ensure they have carried out their own risk assessments before any activity takes place
- have their own safeguarding policy which should include DBS checks where appropriate
- have a means of contacting the emergency services as there are no available telephones on site
- make sure any electrical appliances brought onto the premises have a current portable appliance certificate provided by a competent person
- ensure that no naked flames or incense are burnt on the premises
- ensure that individuals attending their group are aware of the rules set out in this policy
Any hiring of an OPEN venue is subject to all statutory and regulatory provisions current at the time. By law smoking is not permitted in the buildings. Illegal drugs should not be consumed on the premises. The hirer/group should also not cause offence, inconvenience or nuisance to other users or neighbours of OPEN.
The hirer named on the rental agreement, or their nominated person, must be present throughout the hire period. The hirer must have a named person responsible for ensuring that emergency evacuation procedures are in place in case of fire or other emergencies.