Glorious Collage with Amarjeet Nandhra is a three day course during which you will create a range of printed papers.
21 & 28 October and 11 November (please note no class on 4 November)
10.30am – 3pm
Limited to 6 artists
Course Fees: Full Price – £260 : Retiree Price – £235 : Concession Price – £215
During this course you will create a range of exciting painted papers, using paint and mono printing techniques (gelli plates). Using stencils, stamps and mask, experiment with colour blending, pattern and texture. Gradually building up layers and depth, by obscuring and overprinting , creating a set of wonderful prints. Then using collage, and drawing materials, create a series of exciting paper collages, that explore composition and scale.
No matter your level of experience, everyone is welcome to join this course and create a glorious collage with Amarjeet.
We shall supply:
- One 8″ x 10″ Gelli Plate (yours to keep)
- Cartridge paper to collage on
- A variety of thin to medium weight papers to print on
- Tissuetex and deli paper (supplied at cost by your tutor)
- Acrylic paints
- Liquitex matt medium
- Water pots
- Paint palettes
- Paint brushes
- Disposable gloves
You will need to bring:
- The design source to inform your prints – photographs or drawings
- A range of thin to medium weight papers that you might be specifically interested in printing on: for example
- recycled envelopes
- book pages
- Stencils , leaves, lace, soft mark making tools
- An apron (and gloves if you require anything special)
We shall provide light refreshments throughout the day; however we do not provide lunch. Please bring your own lunch, or make the most of all that Dickens Yard has to offer.
About the Tutor
Amarjeet Nandhra is a practising artist, with training in Graphic Communication, Print and Textile Art. She has also worked as an Art Director on various independent short films.
Her teaching career spans over 25 years. As a freelance tutor and lecturer, she has taught a range of courses including printmaking, mixed media and textiles from beginner to diploma level.
Amarjeet is a member of Studio 21 textile art and Textile Study Group (TSG); two of the most exciting textile art groups.
For more information about Amarjeet and her work please visit her website