Tuesdays : 4 – 25 August
9.30am – 12.30pm
Limited to 10 people
Inspired by Nature is a course which aims to inspire your artistic development using water based painting. It is led by artist and tutor Helen Trevisiol Duff.
On this structured course you will learn how to feel comfortable about using watercolour by practising structured exercises and experimenting with new techniques.
Helen will provide a springboard to inspire your creative development using techniques that you can build on and which help you explore the myriad of elements that nature brings to watercolour painting. Topics include landscapes, botanicals, still life and abstracted nature. The course also includes a mixed media element using found materials and incorporating them into the artwork. You will be shown composition methods and how to visually edit your layout.
Throughout the course Helen demonstrates methods to help develop your own style through
this fascinating and dynamic medium and talks about other artists’ work in this field for inspiration.
At the end of each session there will be a supportive group discussion to enable you to share ideas and learn from one another.
Inspired by Nature is open to anyone who wants to learn and express themselves in a nuturing environment that celebrates their individuality.
Materials Needed – you will need to provide your own materials for this course.
- Watercolour Paper 300gm [Daler Rowney Langton pad 300gm NOT pad] or similar
- Brushes: 1 inch Flat, size 12 round, Nylon round sizes 10, 6, 2 [ mixed packs of watercolor brushes are affordable] , any other brushes you may have even if they look old and worn out.
- An old toothbrush
- Pencils : Hb, 2 B, 6 B [ you can buy a set]
- Watercolour paints : Winsor & Newton set artists quality half pans or similar. If you are buying tubes instead of a set of watercolour pans suggested colours are : Lemon Yellow, Ultramarine, Alizarin Crimson, Scarlet, Cerulean, Sap Green, Gamboge, Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre, Hookers Green and Paynes Grey.
- Any pastels, watercolour pencils you may already own. [ no need to buy if you don’t have any]
- A4 sketchbook
- Pencil sharpener, an eraser
- Kitchen towel and an old apron/shirt
- An old white plate or plastic palette
- Water jars x 2
About the Tutor
Helen Trevisiol Duff is an Ealing Artist, a graduate of Cheltenham Art College having
studied drawing at Royal West of England Academy and foundation at Bristol Art college.
She has an Award In Education And Training.
As a practising artist She exhibits at Skylark galleries, London South Bank, BEAT, Ealing
Art Trail, and has had exhibitions at Aldeburgh Gallery Suffolk, Explorers Against
Extinction, Oxo Tower, W3 Gallery London, Ealing Art Group, Clocktower collective
Hanwell, Dodo Micropub, Hanwell and has painted a public mural in Hanwell Zoo,
She has been teaching drawing and painting at Pitshanger Manor, Rickyard, Evening
classes for adults with EAL at Brentside High School and has taught at OPEN Ealing ,
Gunnersbury mansion , run workshops in Ealing Libraries with Artification alongside
teaching privately over many years. Helen has a passion for colour with a background
in colour consultancy, Fashion and textiles. She had her own company Darch and Duff in
Ealing for many years.