Nature in Art Nouveau is a six week watercolour painting course led by Helen Trevisiol Duff.
9.30am – 12.30pm
13 October – 1 December 2020
(no class on Tuesday 27 October)
Fees: Course Adults – £160 Concessions – £120 | Pay As You Go weekly: Adults £20 Concessions £15
This course is FULLY BOOKED. Please message us if you would like to go on the waiting list for the next watercolour course led by Helen.
During this course we explore the influence of nature on art nouveau. You will see how flora and fauna has inspired famous artists of the period.
The course is divided into two week sessions that are inspired by different artists such as
- Alphonse Mucha
- Beardsley and more
If you like the decorative arts, you’ll love this course. We shall inspire you to make your own unique colour combinations and paintings.
Throughout the course you will learn about different techniques and materials and how to apply them in your painting.
At the end of each session there is a group discussion.
You will need to provide your own materials for this course:
- Watercolour Paper 300gm Size A3
- Kitchen towel and an old apron/shirt
- Water jars x 2 plus an old white plate or plastic palette
- Brushes: 1 inch Flat, size 12 round, Nylon round sizes 10, 6, 2 [ mixed packs of watercolour brushes are affordable] an old toothbrush, any other brushes you may have even if they look old and worn out
- A4 sketchbook
- Watercolour paints : Winsor & Newton set or similar
- If you are buying tubes instead of a set of watercolour pans we suggest these colours : Lemon Yellow, Ultramarine, Alizarin Crimson, Scarlet, Cerulean, Sap Green, Gamboge, Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre, Hookers Green, Paynes Grey.
- Pencils : Hb, 2 B, 6 B [you can buy a set]
- Pencil sharpener, an eraser,
- Any pastels, watercolour pencils you may already own. [There is no need to buy any, if you don’t have them.]
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Helen Trevisiol Duff is an Ealing Artist, a graduate of Cheltenham Art College having
studied drawing at Royal West of England Academy and foundation at Bristol Art college.
She has an Award In Education And Training.
As a practising artist She exhibits at Skylark galleries, London South Bank, BEAT, Ealing
Art Trail, and has had exhibitions at Aldeburgh Gallery Suffolk, Explorers Against
Extinction, Oxo Tower, W3 Gallery London, Ealing Art Group, Clocktower collective
Hanwell, Dodo Micropub, Hanwell and has painted a public mural in Hanwell Zoo,
She has been teaching drawing and painting at Pitshanger Manor, Rickyard, Evening
classes for adults with EAL at Brentside High School and has taught at OPEN Ealing ,
Gunnersbury mansion , run workshops in Ealing Libraries with Artification alongside
teaching privately over many years. Helen has a passion for colour with a background
in colour consultancy, Fashion and textiles. She had her own company Darch and Duff in
Ealing for many years.