Painting Autumn in Oils is a set of four workshops led by experienced tutor, Diana Braybrook. It is suitable for oil painters of any level.
Wednesdays 10am – 1pm
15 September – 6 October
Course Fee: Full – £105 ; Retiree – £90 ; Concession – £70
Pay As You Go Rate: Full – £30 ; Retiree – £25 ; Concession – £20
Limited to 8 artists
Your aim during these four workshops is to capture Autumn in all its vibrancy. Our studio is a place for you to start a painting and bring it to fruition with support and encouragement from an experienced oil painter.
No matter your level of experience, you will be able to enjoy painting Autumn in oils.
Led by professional artist and experienced tutor, Diana Braybrook, you will cover:
- Planning the Painting
- The Initial Layer
- Mid Ground
We shall provide the following equipment for the workshops:
- Studio easel, chair and small table
- Non-toxic painting medium
- Large single use paper palettes
- Jam jar for holding wet brushes
- Space on a drying rack to hold one wet painting per artist between sessions
- Kitchen roll
- Baby wipes
You need to bring the following materials:
- Sketches/photos of subject – possibly a couple of options
- Paper & drawing materials for preparatory work – ruler also useful
- Stretched canvas or board to paint on – maximum size is 594 x 891 mm (23.4 x 33.1 in)
- Oil paints, brushes, palette knife/s
- Rags or kitchen roll
- Small pot or jar with lid for painting medium (we provide the non-toxic medium)
- Baby wipes
- Plastic bag to take used brushes home for cleaning
About the Tutor
Diana Braybrook trained initially at Camberwell College of Art, London before studying for her degree in History of Art & Architecture at Reading University.
She is currently resident artist at Osterley Park & House, Isleworth where she uses the Garden Gallery in the stable block as her studio and occasional exhibition space. Visitors are welcome to visit her on an open studio day or by prior arrangement.
Diana is also an experienced tutor and has recently stepped down as a tutor at the 4020 club in LB Ealing.
Visit Diana’s website