Painting in Oils is a series of four workshops for anyone who loves painting with oil paints, or wants to give them a try.
Wednesdays 10am – 1pm
3 – 24 November inclusive
Course Fee: Full – £105 ; Retiree – £90 ; Concession – £70
Pay As You Go Rate: Full – £30 ; Retiree – £25 ; Concession – £20
Venue: OPEN Ealing, Unit 14 School Lane, Dickens Yard, Ealing W5 2TD
Limited to 8 artists
In this short course we focus on seasonal colours and provide you with the perfect setting to bring your personal seasonal experience to life. Our studio is a place for you to plan and start a painting; then bring it to fruition with support and encouragement from an experienced oil painter.
Over the four sessions Diana will
- provide lots of individual guidance, support and encouragement
- help in selecting the best compositional format
- show you the techniques for mixing the subtle colours that feature in many seasonal paintings
It doesn’t matter if you are just starting your journey with oil paints, or an experienced artist, this painting in oils course suits artists with all levels of experience.
Materials for the Course
We shall provide the following equipment for each session:
- Studio easel, chair and small table
- Non-toxic painting medium
- Large single use paper palettes
- Jam jar for holding wet brushes
- Space on a drying rack to hold one wet painting per artist between sessions.
You need to bring the following materials:
- Sketches/photos of subject – possibly a couple of options
- Paper & drawing materials for preparatory work – ruler also useful
- Stretched canvas or board to paint on – maximum size is 594 x 891 mm (23.4 x 33.1 in)
- Oil paints, brushes, palette knife/s
- Rags or kitchen roll
- Small pot or jar with lid for painting medium (non-toxic medium provided)
- Baby wipes for messy fingers
- Plastic bag to take used brushes home for cleaning
About the Tutor
Diana Braybrook trained initially at Camberwell College of Art, London before studying for her degree in History of Art & Architecture at Reading University.
She is currently the resident artist at Osterley Park & House, Isleworth where she uses the Garden Gallery in the stable block as her studio and occasional exhibition space. Visitors are welcome to visit her during one of her open studio days, or by prior arrangement.
Diana is also an experienced tutor and has recently stepped down as a tutor at the 4020 club in LB Ealing.
To find out more about Diana and her work please visit her website