9.30am – 12.30pm
1 September – 6 October
Course Fee: £120 Adults (£90 Concessions)
The Natural World Watercolour Course is FULLY BOOKED. Please contact us if you would like to go on the waiting list for the next one.
“The Natural World” Watercolour Course aims to inspire a personal response using water based mediums.
It is a six week course led by professional artist and experienced tutor, Helen Trevisiol Duff. She provides a starting point to inspire your creative development using drawing and painting techniques which you can build on.
On this structured course you will be introduced to different ways that the natural world is portrayed in art and how to gather information to use in your own painting. Topics will include landscape, flora and fauna and you will work from photographs, imagination and directly from life.
Throughout the course you will learn about different techniques and materials and how to apply them in your painting.
At the end of each session there is a group discussion.
Materials Required – you will need to provide your own materials for this course:
- Watercolour Paper 300gm Size A3
- Kitchen towel and an old apron/shirt.
- Water jars x 2 plus an old white plate or plastic palette.
- Brushes: 1 inch Flat, size 12 round, Nylon round sizes 10, 6, 2 [ mixed packs of watercolour brushes are affordable] an old toothbrush, any other brushes you may have even if they look old and worn out.
- A4 sketchbook
- Watercolour paints : Winsor & Newton set or similar.
- If buying tubes instead of a set of watercolour suggested colours : Lemon Yellow, Ultramarine, Alizarin Crimson, Scarlet, Cerulean, Sap Green, Gamboge, Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre, Hookers Green, Paynes Grey.
- Pencils : Hb, 2 B, 6 B [you can buy a set]
- Pencil sharpener, an eraser,
- Any pastels, watercolour pencils you may already own. [no need to buy if not]
About the Tutor
Helen Trevisiol Duff is an Ealing Artist, a graduate of Cheltenham Art College having
studied drawing at Royal West of England Academy and foundation at Bristol Art college.
She has an Award In Education And Training.
As a practising artist She exhibits at Skylark galleries, London South Bank, BEAT, Ealing
Art Trail, and has had exhibitions at Aldeburgh Gallery Suffolk, Explorers Against
Extinction, Oxo Tower, W3 Gallery London, Ealing Art Group, Clocktower collective
Hanwell, Dodo Micropub, Hanwell and has painted a public mural in Hanwell Zoo,
She has been teaching drawing and painting at Pitshanger Manor, Rickyard, Evening
classes for adults with EAL at Brentside High School and has taught at OPEN Ealing ,
Gunnersbury mansion , run workshops in Ealing Libraries with Artification alongside
teaching privately over many years. Helen has a passion for colour with a background
in colour consultancy, Fashion and textiles. She had her own company Darch and Duff in
Ealing for many years.