Transfer Delights is a 2 day course with Amarjeet Nandhra during which you explore applying colour and pattern to fabrics using paper prints.
18 & 25 November
10.30am – 3pm
Limited to 6 artists
Course Fees: Full Price – £140 : Retiree Price – £120 : Concession Price – £100
During this course you will experiment with layering and colour blending, both on synthetic fabric to create vibrant bold colours and muted delicate prints on natural fabric. You can enhance these patterned pieces further with transfer foils. This opens up the possibilities of surface decoration either for samples pieces or a resolved piece.
No matter your level of experience, everyone is welcome to join this course of Transfer Delights with Amarjeet Nandhra.
We shall supply:
- A4 & A3 copier paper
- Baking paper
- Water pots
- Paint brushes
- 2 irons
- Padded surface / ironing board
- Disposable gloves
The tutor will supply at cost to you:
- Transfer dyes
- Heat transfer foils
You will need to bring:
- Objects to print with: for example
- seed heads
- A range of fabrics
- Synthetic or partially synthetic fabrics – the higher the synthetic content the stronger and more permanent the colour. Types include woven, novelty, metallic and sheer. Synthetic velvets are particularly effective
- Old plain coloured polyester sheets, shirts and nets are good for practising on
- Cottons – turban cotton, cotton lawn, the results are less dramatic, producing some very subtle, beautiful effects
- It is important to wash the fabric to remove any dressing, and always iron the fabric, unless an uneven crumpled effect is required.
- An iron if you prefer to use your own
- An apron (and gloves if you require anything special)
We shall provide light refreshments throughout the day; however we do not provide lunch. Please bring your own lunch, or make the most of all that Dickens Yard has to offer.
About the Tutor
Amarjeet Nandhra is a practising artist, with training in Graphic Communication, Print and Textile Art. She has also worked as an Art Director on various independent short films.
Her teaching career spans over 25 years. As a freelance tutor and lecturer, she has taught a range of courses including printmaking, mixed media and textiles from beginner to diploma level.
Amarjeet is a member of Studio 21 textile art and Textile Study Group (TSG); two of the most exciting textile art groups.
For more information about Amarjeet and her work please visit her website